Sunday, November 2, 2008

Toradora Muses

My first time making tonkatsu today.

It was actually a spur of the moment thing after going out to buy a frying pan to make tamagoyaki (egg rolls?). And then I found the tonkatsu sauce looking ever so appealingly on the shelf, so against all my common sense that tells me frying things is the last thing I really want to do when I am completely lacking in the vegetables department in my food supplies, I bought the damn bottle (along with breadcrums and flour and sesame). 

I don't think I've ever tried deep frying anything on my own. The last time I tried to deep fry was in cooking class that I didn't pay for (my friend snuck me in) and we were frying shrimps or something or another. I also remember that it refused to turn 'golden brown'. 

That aside. It didn't turn out to be as big a fiasco as I thought it would. 

I personally think it's not so bad for a first try.

Of course, there's always that bias where you thing the food you make will always taste good, but I'm really happy for now.


I wish this guy was real so I can learn off him. I really do. 
(RYUUUJIIII!!!*is developing a girl crush on him*)

No comments: