Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It kinda reminded me of those cheap Christmas ornaments with fake snow that was overly covered with glitter, except it wasn't fake.

It wasn't exactly the first day of snowfall today. Granted, I think the first snow fall was actually in October, however much it resembled rain. And the snow didn't exactly stay as a tangible solid on the ground.

But it wasn't just snowing today. It was snowing sugar and glitter and the pavement looked like it was covered by icing and it made everything so beautiful it was like a goddamn fairy-tale. That's what it was. I stepped out of my film studies class after watching a series of pretty disturbing and confusing Avante-Garde films and whoosh, I find myself being pelted by these tiny shiny pieces of sugar-like-snow in the face. It's my second year since I've been here, and second year I've seen snow that I actually remember. I don't think there's anything more beautiful than what I saw today, however freezing cold it was. I literally smiled like a child, even though I couldn't feel my fingers or toes anymore, even though I almost slipped a few times when I walked back home. 

This is just a random outburst. I have a feeling I'm going to be hating snow in a few weeks.


No comments: