Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's called Rainbow Gala because of the Gay Rainbows in the Happy Fangirly Sense.


Longest blog entry ever

A lot has happened since I went back home for the holidays. Met up with people I haven't seen for months, and even a year for some. It's a strange feeling to be back. I'm glad to be back home with my family, but I realized that I don't carry myself the same way than before I left for Canada. It made me understand just how much more withdrawn I used to be in high school. I used to be painfully conscious of how I presented myself in public, but now I find that I'm more comfortable with just being myself when I go out, whether I'm with friends or not. I guess it's because I don't technically live here anymore that made me not care about how people see me in public. Life just became a lot more relaxing after coming to that realization.

On another unrelated note. I have a very very slight suspicion that my Mom has a possibility of having Alzheimer's. I'm not too sure what to do about that.

On a more positive note. My pseudo-sister Yu and I met up and went to a doujinshi event today called Rainbow Gala. It's going to be a year until I get to go to one like this again since I'm not coming back home for a year. (I'm not sure what AnimeNorth is like, so I assume it's going to be a little different from a comi-ke-esque experience.)

We were a little late getting there, so the line ended up outside the event hall and into the
outdoors and around the whole building.

ハァ━(-д-;)━ァ... 

After 2 hours of lining up we finally get the tickets, and then line up again (for less than 5 minutes, thank God.) to go into the actual event hall.

(lol Kuroshitsuji~~~~)

 (the size and amount of these hearts cannot express the joy I felt when I saw these cosplayers.)

point of importance.

(nappo~)

(pickings of the day. I honestly held back this time. Hence only TWO doujins.)


(Front and bag of the bag I bought to hold my stuff. I'm feeling very attached to these circles right now for all the Oofuri things.)

I've also been brainstorming and getting together the beginnings of a rough draft of our next doujin for sale in this year's AnimeNorth. It's a Gundam00 and Code Geass doujin, or so I've heard. I only just caught up with 00 in the past month or so, but it's pretty easy to think of doujinshi ideas for it. I've decided to stick with the lighthearted stuff that I usually do, since I like drawing chibis a little too much...

(There's actually more sketches than this, but half of them probably won't make it into the doujin...)

No comments: